Sound systems have changed a lot since The P.A. People started over 40 years ago.
Throughout that time The P.A. People have been at the leading edge of design innovation.
We have been involved in the design and installation of countless sound reinforcement systems over the years. Our expertise includes systems for venues of all sizes including churches, auditoriums, race tracks, theatres, tents, outdoor events, training rooms, parliamentary chambers, etc.
Our systems have ranged from designs with only one microphone through to systems with literally hundreds of inputs, and from a single speaker designed for a few tens of people through to systems for audiences numbering more than 250,000.
We are known throughout Australia (and abroad) as specialists in large scale sound reinforcement for arenas and stadiums for both rental and installed applications.
Large Scale Sound Reinforcement System Installations include:
- Exhibition Halls, RAS Showgrounds – 4 halls, 1997 and additions 2014
- Stadium Australia – distributed FOH system, extensive BOH and computer control systems, 1999 and upgrade in 2003 and 2013
- Sydney Olympic Park Site Wide System, 2000 and upgrade 2010
- Sydney Cricket Ground – distributed FOH system, 2001 and upgrades 2007 and 2014
- Royal Randwick Racecourse, 2013
- Adelaide Oval, 2014
Significant Sound Reinforcement rental projects include:
- Abu Dubai Stadium, Abu Dubai – point source sound reinforcement system, 1994
- 60,000pax Papal Visit, Randwick Racecourse, Sydney – distributed cluster, 1995
- 220,000pax Concerts in The Park, Sydney Domain – system with delay towers, 1985-1995
- 100,000-120,000pax Darling Harbour Australia Day Spectacular, Sydney – main PA system and communications, 1988 – 2002
The combination of installation contracts and our extensive rental experience ensures that we are well qualified to understand the design constraints of these types of systems. We also have a thorough understanding of the operational environment including the needs of entertainers and television. We have been involved in the supply of services for many Olympic facilities and functions, and enjoy an ongoing operational involvement with a number of major sporting venues.