…The P.A People provide iconic surfing event support!
The Qantas Assure International Beach Festival was held last November at Cronulla (Southern Sydney) and featured four days of events that celebrated the Australian Beach lifestyle. Hosted by professional surfer Sally Fitzgibbons, the festival was centred around a WSL QS6000 professional women’s surfing event and featured the Shire Mile Run, Ironwoman Invitational, Ocean Swim, a festival village, live music, fitness workouts and an open-air cinema.
“Des and the team from The P.A. People were great to work with on the International Beach Festival and were willing to go above and beyond to assist on site. Given that there were multiple events happening at the same time across the four days of the event, the fact that everything went so smoothly is testament to their hard work.” James Henshaw, Group Event Manager – Fitzgibbons International.
As the latest in a series of high-profile surfing event support gigs, this was another opportunity for The P.A. People to assist an experienced organisation among this sport’s elite fraternity.
Services provided included:
- Radio infrastructure – all security & event control staff
- PA for main surfing component – on-beach system for event timing announcements
- VIP area PA + Athletes area PA
- PA for Band stage & coverage for associated activities & general patron experience
- Swim Fun Run – start & finish lines