The P.A. People has developed and packaged a high quality, simple to deploy product based on the Sony IPELA range of IP cameras and software.
The P.A. People system includes seven Sony camera types, three of which are also audio enabled. These cameras are capable of both high resolution and high frame rates, and are powered using standard PoE techniques to minimise the requirement for separate power cabling, and to ensure that camera power is supplied from a UPS. All our cameras are supplied in appropriate weatherproof housings.
Long Lens PTZ Cameras
The pride of the fleet are our long lens PTZ cameras. These are Sony SSC-83P cameras fitted with X33 500mm lens. This 450 degree PTZ camera can vary its field of view from 15 degrees to 0.45 degrees. That is a person, full frame, at around 700m. Packages (Dome) PTZ Cameras.
We offer three variants of a packaged PTZ dome camera:
- Sony SNC-Z30P. This is a full Pan tilt zoom camera with a x25 zoom range, 340 degree pan, +25/ -90 degree tilt and native IP connectivity. Its field of view can range from 45 degrees to 2 degrees.
- Sony SNC-Z50P. This is a full Pan tilt zoom camera with a x26 zoom range, 340 degree pan, +25/- 90 degree tilt and native IP connectivity. Its field of view can range from 42 degrees to 1.7 degrees. This camera is audio enabled.
- Sony SNC-RX550P. This is a full Pan tilt zoom camera with a x25 zoom range, 360 degree continuous pan, +25/- 90 degree tilt and native IP connectivity. Its field of view can range from 55 degrees to 2.2 degrees. This camera is audio enabled.
Fixed Focus Cameras
Also included in our IP camera system are three models of fixed camera:
- Sony SNC-CS3P. This is a fixed position fixed lens camera with native IP connectivity. Its field of view can range from 91 degrees to 36 degrees.
- Sony SNC-CS50P. This is a fixed position fixed lens camera with native IP connectivity. Its field of view can range from 85 degrees to 36 degrees and it has good low light sensitivity. This camera is audio enabled.
- Sony SNC-Z20P. This is a fixed position zoom lens camera with a x18 zoom range and native IP connectivity. Its field of view can range from 48 degrees to 2.7 degrees.
Our Server hardware runs under a Microsoft Windows platform. Servers are generally configured with hot swappable drives configured in a Raid 1 array for their main system (program) partition, ensuring the integrity of database information and other system files. Primary video storage consists of a separate 4 Terabyte NAS array of individual 320Gb hard drives.
Manager and View Software
The system servers run the latest Sony Real Shot Manager (RSM) software. This application provides all administrative management of the system, including image size, frame rates, storage locations, recording schedule, user management etc. This mode allows multiple clients to access the system at any one time. Full user rights and privileges are maintained for each user.
Large Format Monitors
The P.A. People monitor range consists of 24”, 32”, 42” and 46” LCD Panels with stands and cabling, supplementing our systems as appropriate.
Portable Hand Held Video Surveillance Camera
Whilst the surveillance camera systems described above are capable of deployment in most environments, they are not capable of providing a picture behind a wall or other areas ‘out of shot’.
With this in mind The P.A. People has developed a truly portable camera system, specifically designed to provide pictures from ‘up a blind alley’. The system has been developed using multiple 3G modems and H.264 video compression as the video transport system allowing a significant increase in video bandwidth suitable for providing high resolution pictures to security and event personnel. The system is also audio enabled.
A lightweight backpack houses a number of 3G broadband modems, the video encoder and a rechargeable battery system, which is then connected to a Sony Z series camera by a flying cable. Typical battery life is 3-4 hours continuous shooting. At the receive end, a matching set of modems receive the signal where it is then converted back into an appropriate video stream. Recording of the camera is available both on local DV tape and centralised to a server if required.
By using 3G broadband data technology as the transmission methodology, no limitations are placed on where the camera can operate at a given site – if a phone works, then the camera will most likely provide acceptable pictures. The system can be deployed either as part of our standard EYEcue package, or on a stand-alone basis.